Monday, September 7, 2009

I already lived in Japan for five weeks during high school, and I've been here for over a week now, yet chopsticks still give me such a difficult time! I wonder if I'm the only one whose fingers cramp up uncomfortably while using chopsticks. It's rather embarrassing to struggle with them at every evening meal.
Today I took part one of the placement test that determines into which level of Japanese language class I will be placed. I wasn't nervous, and the test was easier that those which I took at U of I last year. I forgot a few kanji, and the listening section was, at times, tough to hear and understand, yet I'm confident that I'll be placed in the correct level.
My host family is so kind. I hung out with my host brother all afternoon, and he spent a lot of time talking with me and answering my bounty of questions regarding Japanese culture, social interaction between people, and meanings of certain Japanese slang words.
I have to purchase a cell phone plan soon, either today or tomorrow. I'm not yet ready to be an adult and purchase my own cell phone plan. Doing the research is overwhelming because of all the options, and my lack of experience makes me worry that I won't purchase the "right" plan. I'm not tied up over purchasing a "cool-looking" phone, I just want to have a reasonably priced, viable plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment