Monday, September 28, 2009

During Japanese class this morning I decided that I'm done with getting bad quiz scores and making stupid mistakes on all my grammar points. I approached the teacher during the ten minute break and explained my predicament. My teacher proceeded to pull out her grade book and assure me that my grades are good, but I want the extra help. So she referred me to another teacher who's in charge of the E Class, the Japanese class in which I study. I have set up weekly appointments with my teacher, and she will help me learn the grammar points ahead of time and correct my practice sentences that I will write on my own in order to demonstrate proper usage of previously learned grammar points. I guess my grade isn't that bad, but this is what happens when one is a perfectionist.
Ryosuke left this evening for university. I feel kind of lonely now that he's gone, because I spoke with him a lot and spent a lot of time with him, but I don't think he's the type of person who keeps in touch with people well. No one made a big deal about his leaving or showed much emotion, but the whole family came to the port, along with the two long-haired dachshunds, to see him off. He rides a ferry back and forth between home and university, and he takes a motorbike with him on the boat for use at school. I don't know when I'll next see him, but I think it won't be for another three months at least, so I'll have to get used to his not being around.
Now I'm going to go study for tomorrow's kanji quiz. I enjoy sitting at the dinner table in my host family's living room and studying with them, it's a nightly ritual. I haven't practiced violin for four days now, which I feel terrible about, but I'll have to get back into that routine tomorrow, because soon I will meet up with my host aunt, Ayako-san, and play violin and piano duets with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment