Friday, April 2, 2010

Star Wars Pictures

I have received requests for updates on the Star Wars production, so I'll write an entry now with a few pictures included. There is one picture of our Master Yoda receiving his green makeup, another of me as Leia (I know I'm not wearing white, but this was the most Leia-like dress I own, and I know the buns are not covering my ears, but this is not an A-budget film!), and there's a picture of my class filming the Mos Eisley scene in the bar from Episode IV.
We filmed this past Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and today. People would rush to memorize their lines minutes before filming began, and it was sometimes hard to portray emotions when we didn't know what our scene partner's lines meant (because they're all in Japanese and none of us are fluent YET), but we put as much emotion as possible into our own lines. We used my classmate Sophie's video camera, and she films most of the scenes, except for the ones she's in. We have a lot of capes for people like Darth Vader, Obi Wan Kenobi, and Master Yoda, and we also have two lightsabers and some really neat fight scenes.
The filming is being finished up today, and presentation date is set for Monday. Our production will be complete with a "trailor" (a spoof of the "This is Sparta!" scene from 300 and bloopers, of course. There are a lot of neat sound effects and musical accompaniment, too, thanks to Sophie's editing efforts. I'll let everyone know how the production turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment