Thursday, March 18, 2010

Star Wars Play Update

My Japanese class is going ahead with the plan to create our own Star Wars parody. We found a complete script online with each line translated into Japanese, which is perfect for our project. We are choosing the important lines from our favorite scenes, memorizing them, and then taping them with a classmate's video camera recorder. We've also already started working on props, such as buying a mask that one usually wears on a train to prevent the spread of illness, and we colored it black with a permanent marker (that goes to the person playing Darth Vader). We have to finish our video and have it ready to present to the teachers on April 2nd, which doesn't give us a lot of time to memorize everything. But this way, we'll just pick the most important lines from our favorite scenes, and we wont' shoot a bunch of unnecessary footage.
This weekend I'm returning to Hiroshima City and Iwakuni City, two places I visited with my parents in February. I'll update you all upon return from my weekend trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment