Friday, March 12, 2010

Japanese Class as a Star Wars Parody?

Last Tuesday during lunch, my foreign exchange student friends and I started comparing ourselves to Star Wars characters (I ended up as Princess Leia). The following day in Japanese class, as a joke I wrote on the white board "E Class Star Wars Saga," and listed all of my fellow E class classmates, foreign exchange students from other Japanese classes, and one Japanese friend plus their corresponding Star Wars characters. You see, E class is supposed to be creating a newspaper as a writing assignment, but I jokingly said that writing and performing a Star Wars parody script would be more fun. I actually told the teacher my thoughts, and she apparently told the teacher who is in charge of my Japanese class (we have three separate teachers, depending on the day of the week). Then on Thursday, the head E class teacher informed my class that we would actually be writing a Star Wars parody script instead of a newspaper...! Writing a play is very difficult, much less finding costumes and props and getting everyone to perform it, especially if some of the foreign exchange students are in different classes. I don't know how realistic this is... At least if we can't actually perform it, we can try to write it. I think it's funny that what started out as a joke turned into an actual assignment...

No comments:

Post a Comment