Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Celebrating my Birthday in Japan

Last week I enjoyed celebrating my birthday here in Japan. I received a lot of cards in the mail from my friends and family back at home, which I was really happy about. Thank you for thinking of me from so far away!!!
In the morning I received a birthday card from the Konan University staff members who work in the Konan International Exchange Center. It was a big surprise for me, but they all took the time to sign their names and write their own personal messages. I also received a cute card from my friend Yuri. It's a popular thing to do here, to give a friend a picture of the two of you with a message written on the back for the friend's birthday.
After class Shoji took me to a restaurant called Sweets Paradise. It's an all-you-can-eat place, with a separate food buffet and dessert buffet. I ate so many different types of cakes there, maybe a little too much, because my stomach hurt a little bit afterward.
But my stomach didn't have much time to recuperate from all the cake because I was home by seven to enjoy a special hand-made sushi dinner that my host mom prepared for me at my request. She also baked me a vanilla cake, my favorite.
I ended the evening with a night on the town with a few fellow foreign exchange students. I had a wonderful birthday here in Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment