Thursday, November 5, 2009

It's Chilly Here! - Nov. 3

The orientation handbook I received at U of I did not exaggerate about the weather becoming quite cold here in Japan!!! The weather was mild until the beginning of November. Then, this past Sunday, it suddenly became quite cold.
My bedroom and living area seem to mirror the outside temperature, which means it is extremely hot in my room during the summer and extremely cold in my room during the winter. Okaasan brought an electric carpet into my room from the main part of the house, so that helps keep the room slightly warm. I also bundle up in several layers within my house to keep warm. Taking showers is not such a pleasant experience because contact with the cold air upon finishing the showers is rather uncomfortable.
I've moved my violin and music stand from my room to the main part of the house, which is warmer than my living area. Also, my host family lets me practice violin in the main part of the house, which is incredibly kind of them! Now I just have to overcome my embarrassment of playing in front of people and get used to practicing in front of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment